Expires: 12/16/2014 (All day)Contact to:
+45 4042 7577
Expires: 12/06/2013 (All day)
työharjoittelu kirjastotyö julkaisujen digitalisointi internet toimistotyö
Starting: December 2013 / January 2014
Application period until: 02.12.2013
Location: Jyväskylä, Finland
Employee: International Peat Society
The International Peat Society is looking for an intern to manage, organise and categorise its small internal library, and help to manage the digitalisation of scientific proceedings, books and other literature on peat and peatlands. The work can be carried out part-time besides your studies or as a 2-3 month project.
The applicant should have interest in books and the Internet, a good command of written and spoken English, as well as good communication and organisation skills. We also appreciate if you can use your own laptop and have experience with Adobe or other PDF managing programs. Ideal would be some background or education in library and archive management, or experience with scientific publishing processes.
Major tasks during the internship include:
- Re-organisation and documentation of the IPS library, containing books, scientific proceedings, DVD and business documents
- Management of the digitalisation of IPS publications via a US scanning service
- Uploading of scientific proceedings and other documents on the IPS website
- Review and management of the IPS online book store
- Development of online services and publication info on the IPS website
- Information management in regard to scientific journals
- Editorial support for IPS publications
The work we offer is flexible and can be carried out in agreement with the IPS Secretariat, e.g. 4 to 20 hrs/week. We are not able to pay a salary or travel costs, but offer a versatile work experience in a truly international environment. Please send your application letter and CV by 2 December to the IPS Secretariat, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ala, jonka opiskelijoille tehtävä on suunnattu
Humanistinen ja viestintäala
Taide- ja kulttuuriala
Luonnonvara- ja ympäristöala
Matkailu-, ravitsemis- ja talousala
Avoimen työpaikan / opinnäytetyön tehtäväalue
Hallinto- ja toimistotehtävät
Kirjasto- ja informaatiotyö
Opetus, koulutus ja ohjaus
Maa- ja metsätaloustyö
Tutkimus- ja kehitystehtävät
Viestintä ja media
Ympäristö ja kemia
Oppilaitos, jonka opiskelijoille tehtävä on suunnattu
muut yliopistot ja ammattikorkeakoulut
Expires: 12/15/2013 (All day)Contact to:
+358 40 418 4075
The International Peat Society (Kansainvälinen Turveyhdistys ry) is recruiting a dynamic
Secretary General / Managing Director
to further develop and promote the work of the Society.
The Secretary General works at the IPS Secretariat in Jyväskylä, part-time, at least 16 hrs/week, and reports directly to the Executive Board of the Society. His/her tasks include:
- Leadership and monitoring of a global non-profit organization of different stakeholders considering the social, economic and environmental values of peat and peatlands
- Strategic development of the Society and outreach in response to scientific, commercial, political and administrative challenges at national and international levels
- Cooperation and information exchange with related non-profit organizations, EU officials and international conventions with regard to wetland management, land use and climate change
- Reporting and active communication of important developments to membership and beyond
- Fostering a network of contacts with the IPS membership and related stakeholders
- Implementation of the decisions taken by the Annual Assembly of national representatives, the Executive Board and the Scientific Advisory Board in compliance with the Society’s Statutes and Internal Regulations
- Strengthening visibility and impact of the expertise within IPS on an international level
- Supervision and development of the IPS Secretariat in Jyväskylä and its staff
- Financial and budget responsibility
The applicant should have the following qualifications:
- Academic degree in natural resource management, business or social sciences
- Excellent communication & PR skills: public speaking, writing, negotiating and moderating
- Written and oral proficiency in English and Finnish together with preferably German, French, or Russian
- Experience in administration, finance, project and human resource management
- Non-profit sector, university or business background beneficial
- MS Office and Internet experience & willingness to travel
- Peat and peatland knowledge is an advantage
The IPS is a non-profit organisation dedicated to the responsible management and Wise Use of peatlands and peat. It promotes the gathering, exchange and communication of knowledge and experience, for instance via conferences, meetings and publications. The IPS serves all those interested in peat and peatlands including the scientific, industrial and commercial, and regulatory communities. It respects the economic, social and environmental values of the peatland resource.
Currently the IPS has 1,412 individual, corporate, student and institutional members from 42 countries. This includes 18 National Committees and 10 Commissions with different activities related to peat and peatlands, including mires, bogs, fens and tropical peat swamp forests.
Please send your applications with CV, time and salary requirements by 5 December 2013 to the IPS Secretariat, email@example.com, phone: +358 40 418 4075.
Open position as PDF file to print and share:
Internship IPS Secretariat: International Business Management / International Non-Profit CommunicationsCreated: 04.04.2013
Expires: 04/30/2013 (All day)
The International Peat Society is looking for an intern during late spring 2013 and possibly after that.
The applicant should have a good command of written and spoken English, good writing and MS Office skills, and understand cross-cultural issues. Other languages, e.g. German and Finnish, and your own laptop computer are beneficial. Experience with publishing software e.g. Photoshop/InDesign and visual web applications (Google Maps, Pinterest, Social networks etc.) would be great. Your education can be business, communications or science-related; conference and travel management or association experience is a plus.
- participate in the preparations of IPS conferences, the annual meeting, excursions and similar events in international context
- editorial help for the IPS printed member magazine Peatlands International, the email newsletter Peat News, and other material
- correspondence with members from 42 countries, member survey + national committee contacts
- member relations and acquisition of new members, cooperation with non-government associations, corporate and individual members
- screening of news alerts and scientific publications
- promotion of the IPS and its activities by post, email and social media
- handling of incoming and outgoing invoices
- editing and developing the IPS website and social media
- office support for archives, book sales etc.
The work we offer is flexible and can be carried out in agreement with the IPS Secretariat, e.g. 4 to 20 hrs/week. We are not able to pay a salary or travel costs, but offer a versatile work experience in a truly international environment.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your application letter and CV by 15 April to the IPS Secretariat, firstname.lastname@example.org.
36-month PostDoc on measurement and modeling of soil carbon stocks and changes in mineral forest soils.Created: 13.02.2013
Expires: 03/02/2013 (All day)Contact to:
University College Dublin, Ireland
UCD Soil Science offers a 36-month PostDoc position, full-time or part-time (x 0.6),
on measurement and modeling of soil carbon stocks and changes in mineral forest soils.
Details from www.ucd.ie/hr/jobvacancies using Reference 005708.
Expires: 09/20/2012 (All day)Contact to:
- 15 months starting in November 2012
This apprenticeship will contribute to a programme of monitoring and restoration of blanket bogs in Scotland, while learning a wide range of ecological and hydrological monitoring techniques. The candidate will have opportunities to broaden a range of skills by getting involved in related Peatland research taking place at RSPB Forsinard Flows and at the nearby Environmental Research Institute (ERI) in Thurso,taking in freshwater loch systems and associated invertebrates, and monitoring of water flows and water quality.
For further information and to apply, please visit www.tcv.org/jobs, alternatively, email email@example.com or call +44(0)1302 388844.
Closing date for completed applications: 30 September 2012
Expires: 12/02/2012 (All day)Contact to:
Dr Yit Arn Teh / Susann Warnecke, IPS
+44 1334 462819
Research Technician - WC1051
Description: School of Geography and Geoscience, Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences, £20,559 - £22,475, Start Date: 1 September 2012 or as soon as possible thereafter, Fixed Term for 2 years
Details: The Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences at the University of St Andrews is seeking to appoint a 2-year fixed-term Research Technician following the recent award of a major NERC Biodiversity and Ecosystem Service Sustainability (BESS) consortium grant to the University of St Andrews. The role holder will support the research activities of Dr Yit Arn Teh, Dr Timothy Hill and Dr Claire Gollety (School of Biology). The project, entitled 'A hierarchical approach to the examination of the relationship between biodiversity and ecosystem service flows across coastal margins' (CBESS), will provide a large-scale analysis of biodiversity stocks and the flows of ecosystem services from selected coastal systems.
A detailed regional study will compare two areas of great local and national importance for England: Morecambe Bay and the Essex coastline. We will carry out biological and physical surveys at more than 600 stations and use these results to clarify how biodiversity influences these key ecosystem services. The role holder will conduct measurements of greenhouse gas exchange, nutrient cycling and carbon sequestration both at the major regional study sites and also in the Eden Estuary near St Andrews.
The post holder will be expected to work as part of a team. The role holder will receive practical training for field and laboratory tasks from the PI and other contributing investigators if he or she does not already have prior expertise, after which they will be expected to operate independently with minimal supervision. The role holder will be expected to work towards a schedule, decided in consultation with the PI and other contributing investigators.
Applicants are required to have higher level education (or equivalent) in the sciences, experience of fieldwork in remote location, laboratory skills and experience of working with scientific instrumentation. A degree in physical geography, biology or related subjects would be advantageous. Other important skills and attributes include numeracy skills; independence and initiative; organisational and logistics abilities and good communication skills.
Informal enquiries should be made to Dr Yit Arn Teh (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Further information about the NERC BESS programme and CBESS consortium can be found at: http://www.nerc-bess.net/http://www.nerc-bess.net/index.php/bess-project...
Closing Date: 30 July 2012
Interview Date: Mid-August 2012
Further Particulars: WC1051TG FPs.doc
Please quote ref: WC1051
School of Geography and Geoscience, Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences
£20,559 - £22,475
Start Date: 1 September 2012 or as soon as possible thereafter
Fixed Term for 2 years
To Apply for this position, please use this link:
Dr Yit Arn Teh
Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences
University of St Andrews
Irvine Building, North Street
St Andrews, KY16 9AL
Telephone: +44 1334 462819
Fax: +44 1334 463949
The University of St Andrews is a charity registered in Scotland : No SC013532
Expires: 01/12/2012 (All day)Contact to:
For the Wetlands International Headquarters, we are seeking a communications officer, with a responsibility for offline and online communications. Please consider this and forward it to people who may be interested.
I wish you all a very good Christmas and hope to be in contact with you in a good 2012,
Communications and Advocacy Manager
Expires: 01/03/2012 (All day)Contact to:
Global Carbon Project and the Tyndall Centre for Climate Change Research
The Global Carbon Project and the
Tyndall Centre for Climate Change Research
Senior Research Associate
The Global Carbon Project [ www.globalcarbonproject.org ] seeks a dynamic researcher to lead the publication of its annual CO2 budget and conduct research on global and regional carbon balance. You will foster and co-ordinate the activity, gather and analyse the relevant observations and models results, and work to publish and diffuse high-level papers on policy-relevant research in collaboration with international experts. You will also contribute to the development of an International Carbon Office.
You should have a PhD or equivalent, a track-record of publications on any aspect of the carbon cycle, and an interest in conducting policy-relevant research.
This post is available for 3 years.
Closing date: 12 noon on 3 January 2012.
Full details on http://www.uea.ac.uk/hr/jobs/ra/ra801.htm
Expires: 12/22/2011 (All day)Contact to:
Postdoctoral research fellow in peatland science (30 July 2011)
The School of Geography, University of Leeds, is looking to appoint a postdoctoral research fellow in peatland science on a 2 year project: http://tinyurl.com/3ggx37o
Closing date 12 August. Please contact email@example.com if you have informal enquiries.